- 1 Tbsp. Natrel salted butter
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup onion – chopped
- 1/2 cup celery – chopped
- 1/4 cup each sweet red and green peppers
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 3 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled and diced rutabaga or turnip
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup zucchini – diced
- 1 cup corn niblets
- 1 1/2 cups Island Farms by Natrel half & half cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill (or 1 tsp. dried)
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Cook carrots, onions, celery, peppers and garlic, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add potatoes, stock, rutabaga, salt and pepper, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add zucchini, cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add corn and cream, heat through.
- Garnish with dill.
Add 3/4 lb. white fish such as cod or halibut, cubed into 1 inch pieces, just after mixture comes to a boil.