Our thanks to Gloria from Victoria, BC for submitting this recipe.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup Island Farms buttermilk
- Mix first 3 ingredients.
- Cut in (with either a pastry cutter or two knives), the shortening until it is the size of peas.
- Add buttermilk all at once. Gently mix together just until blended.
- Pour out onto floured board or counter. Very gently fold until dough holds together, but just until it does. Add flour as needed.
- Roll out to about 1/2 - 3/4 inch or 1.25 mm - 1.5 mm. Cut with cookie/biscuit cutter.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 10 - 12 mins. Enjoy fresh and warm. Best had the same day.
- You'll be the new best friend of everyone who tries them!