- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup New Natrel butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Island Farms sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 - 4 cups white flour
- Christmas tree cookie cutters or your favourite shape
- Candy, sugar, and/or chocolate sprinkles
- In a bowl, combine baking powder with flour and set aside.
- Mix baking soda with sour cream and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream mixture alternately in small batches until all is well mixed.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Once chilled, take out the dough and roll to about 6mm (1/4" inch) thick on floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutter and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 175°C (350°F) for 10-15 minutes.
If topping with candy or sugar sprinkles, add before baking. If topping with chocolate sprinkles, add after baking when cookies have cooled slightly.