Our thanks to Gwen from Victoria, BC for submitting this recipe.
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup Island Farms milk
- ¼ cup Island Farms half & half
- 1/2 cup cinnamon flakes (if unavailable add 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon to the batter)
- 2 Tbsp. New Natrel unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp. good vanilla
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 5-6 Tbsp. New Natrel unsalted butter, cold and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans and place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dark brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, milk, half & half, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon flakes, baking powder, and salt. Pour into prepared pans. Sprinkle brown sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over batter. Then slightly press pieces of the cold butter into batter.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean; be careful not to over-bake the cake and dry it out.