Our thanks to Tammie from Victoria for submitting this recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup New Natrel butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Coloured sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Icing sugar
- Mix together flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, vanilla and the 2 eggs.
- Roll on lightly floured surface to about 1/4-inch, then cut into shapes.
- You can sprinkle with coloured sugar now, or following baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- To Decorate: mix the egg white and lemon juice with just enough icing sugar to make a thick paste. (Or you can use 1 tbsp. meringue powder with 1 tbsp. water.) Add colouring if you like. Put into a decorating bag and ice your cookies. Sprinkle coloured sugar on some (be creative). Let dry a few hours and stack in a container between layers of waxed paper.