Light Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
These adorable and tasty, crab stuffed mushroom caps are wonderful hors d’oeuvres for any gathering. Make them with Island Farms by Natrel light cream cheese.
- 12 large mushrooms
- 250 g (1 cup) Island Farms by Natrel light cream cheese
- 125 g (1/2 cup) cooked crab meat
- 45 g (3 Tbsp.) Parmesan cheese
- 45 g (3 Tbsp.) New Natrel butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Remove mushroom stems and trim caps to accommodate crab mix.
- Thoroughly combine cream cheese, parmesan and crab.
- Pour 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp.) olive oil into each cap and then add 15 mL (1 Tbsp.) crab mix to each. Place in foil container.
- Slice butter into cubes and add to bottom of container. Cover container with foil, bake at 175°C (350°F) for 45 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil and remove foil during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Garnish with fresh parsley.