Sesame Oatmeal Cookies
Our thanks to Peggy from Qualicum Beach for submitting this recipe. After she makes these cookies, she uses them to make ice cream sandwiches by putting 2-inch squares of Island Farms ice cream, each 1/2 inch thick, between 2 cookies. Then she wraps them in saran and freezes them.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup New Natrel butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup each sesame seeds, raisins and quick cooking rolled oats
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar together until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture and continue beating until well mixed.
- Stir in sesame seeds, raisins and oats.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter 2 inches apart on greased sheets.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on racks.
- Makes 3 dozen.