Grandma B’s Biscuits
Our thanks to Alyssa, who won Island Farms Milk for a year, for sharing her recipe for Grandma B’s Biscuits. When Alyssa’s grandfather heard the news he said, “Grandma would be so proud.” Grandma B. has passed away but leaves behind a wonderful family tradition of home cooked biscuits made and enjoyed by all of her 26 grandchildren! Alyssa now makes the biscuits with her own two small sons.
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup New Natrel butter
- 1/2 cup Island Farms 2% milk
- Stir all dry ingredients together.
- Cut in butter until mixture is well combined.
- Stir in milk and mix together until combined enough to roll out.
- Roll to 1/2” thick.
- cut into rounds using a large 3 1/2” - 4” wide glass.
- Put in oven at 425°F for about 10 - 12 min.
- Cut the sugar in half and add grated cheese (before the milk) for fantastic cheese biscuits!