Almond Butter Crisps
Our thanks to Colleen from Mill Bay for submitting this recipe to us.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup New Natrel butter
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Cream butter and sugar by hand until light and fluffy.
- Stir in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and press thin with fork, (in one direction), which has been dipped in slightly beaten egg white. Add a little sugar to egg white to get foamy.
- Place almond flakes on top of grooves on cookies and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Enjoy!