- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Island Farms buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Combine oil, buttermilk, cocoa, sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix well on low speed.
- Add flour mixture to cocoa mixture alternately, beginning with water and ending with dry ingredients.
- Do not overbeat.
- Pour into 9x13 pan and bake in 325F oven 70 minutes or longer until toothpick comes out clean.
Coconut Praline Frosting:
- Melt 1/2 cup Natrel butter, then add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut and 1/3 cup Island Farms by Natrel Half & Half cream, mixing well.
- Spread mixture over top of cake, warm or cold and broil until topping is bubbly and golden brown, about 3 minutes.