Spring-Ahead Breakfast (or Dinner!) Casserole
Spring ahead with this ready to bake casserole breakfast. Lost hour of sleep? No problem!
- 2 bell peppers, diced (any colour you prefer; about 2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices day-old bread
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Island Farms milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Fresh basil
- Optional: 3/4 pound uncooked sausage, casings removed
Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.
- Brown sausage in a pan.
- Add veggies, garlic and salt & pepper, cook until tender.
- Set sausage & veggies aside.
- Prepare 9x13 greased pan.
- Break bread into small even pieces and place in pan.
- In bowl, whisk eggs, mik, ¼ cup of the shredded cheese.
- Pour half of the egg mixture over the bread.
- Top with the sausage and vegetables, then the remaining egg mixture and remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper on top and shredded basil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.